The information applies to you only if you are a consumer and a current or former insurance customer of Treweek Insurance. Treweek Insurance is listed inside this notice.
Treweek Insurance, plus the following subsidiaries:
- Rethink Risk Management, LLC
How We Collect Information
Most of our information comes directly from you on applications or forms provided by you or on your behalf. We also receive information about you from:
• The insurance companies we represent.
• Other outside companies, such as credit bureaus, public records and data collection agencies.
Any personal health information we obtain about you receives special treatment as described below.
How We Protect Information
We do our best to keep your personal information confidential and secure:
- Only people that need it to provide you with products and services are allowed to have access to your information. These individuals may include employees, independent contractors or other service providers.
- Our policies cover the proper physical security of workplaces and records.
- Our physical and electronic safeguards and procedures comply with federal standards.
- Our virus detection, firewalls and other computer software are designed to protect access and prevent damage to customer data in our computer systems.
We maintain the privacy of your personal health information as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. We will keep any personal health information you provide to us confidential unless: (1) you provide us with your written permission to disclose; or (2) the disclosure is for underwriting, premium rating, or other activities related to the creation, renewal, or replacement of another contract of health insurance, or as permitted or required by law.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We may need to disclose your information in order to conduct business. At times, it may also be required by law. For example:
- We share your information with insurance companies and their agents to place insurance coverage and to service your account.
- We do NOT share your information with any affiliated companies or with any non-affiliated third parties for their independent use in marketing their products.
- When required by law, and when responding to subpoenas and other legal documents, we share your information with credit bureaus and government agencies.
- We only share your personal health information for underwriting, premium rating, or other activities related to the creation, renewal, or replacement of another contract of health insurance, or as permitted or required by law.
How to Access or Amend Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to the information we maintain about you. You may also request that inaccurate information be changed. To obtain access to or correct information, contact your Treweek Insurance representative to arrange a mutually convenient time to review your information or submit a request in writing to your office’s account representative that services your insurance account. The request should include your name, address, telephone number, and must contain the name of the Treweek Insurance office that services your account.
If you believe your rights may have been violated with respect to our protection of your health information, you may either contact us directly or the Secretary of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with us, you may contact Treweek Insurance at 13005 SW 1st Road, Suite 223, Jonesville, FL 32669.
The practices and policies contained in this disclosure are subject to change. We will communicate any significant changes to you as required by law. The practices and policies contained in this statement replace all previous notices or statements regarding this subject.